Friday 26 July 2013

Happy Days, Sad Days

Yesterday was supe busy and long, but really enjoyable. First I had an amazing day out with an old friend. We knew each other in high school here in Darwin, then lost touch for many years. When we reconnected via Facebook we were both living in Sydney, but soon after I came back to Darwin. Now he's up for about two months visiting family so I spent a few hours yesterday hanging out with him and his gorgeous kids. I love hanging out with him and I have a real soft spot for his three little ones. They're so adorable! His kids and mine haven't met yet so I'm hoping we can arrange a play date for next week. It will be a cute overload!

In addition to spending several hours with him and his kiddies, I also hung out with extended family, did some shopping, went over my sister-in-law's place for dinner and had uni squished in there somewhere. I left the house at 9am and didn't get home until about 10:30pm so I was pretty exhausted.

I actually feel really low today. I guess after all the fun an excitement yesterday, sitting at home is pretty boring! Fortunately a package arrived yesterday with some lipsticks I ordered from Priceline while they were having a sale. I decided, in an effort to improve my mood, to make myself up and try them on!

Brand: Savvy
Shade: Blushing Pink
This isn't quite the shade I was expecting, I was hoping for something a little brighter. But this is the risk you take when you order using only swatches as a guide. Its alright though, it is a nice colour. Its a very natural pink on me, quite similar to the natural colour of my lips, but a little more vibrant and pearlized. I'm not sure how often I'll wear this as I don't love pearl, but I'll see how it goes. Might come in handy when I least expect.







Brand: Savvy
Shade: Mocha
This one was actually pretty damn close to the online swatch. I had a really hard time choosing colours for the Savvy lipsticks. They had a three for the price of two deal and I changed my mind about shades so many times before submitting my order. I think it looks nice, not too brown, though I do prefer the brighter reds on me.









Brand: Savvy
Shade: Cherry
This was the one that stayed in my basket no matter how many times I changed my mind about colours. I really like it! Its a gorgeous classic red, exactly what I was hoping it would be. I'm pretty happy with these Savvy lipsticks. I haven't tried them before, but I've used their nail polishes and been pretty satisfied. For their price (which is $4.99 regular price) they're definitely worth it.









Brand: Rimmel
Shade: Show Stopper
I have a few Rimmel lipsticks now and I really like them. They go on super smooth and creamy, they last well and they smell delicious. They're also a really good price, especially when you get them for 50% off! I really love this shade. Its a nice glamorous red.











Brand: Rimmel
Shade: Starry Eyed
This is the shade that started me shopping online in the first place. I went to my local Priceline store while they were having a sale on Rimmel cosmetics. They had a tester of this shade and I loved it, but they didn't have any left for sale. So I went online, and didn't want to pay shipping on just one item, so I ended up buying five! I'm getting pretty happy with my lipstick collection now. I'm starting to wonder how I lived without it!





I do feel much better after doing my makeup and getting pretty. It really does help boost my mood. Now I'm off to continue playing my game. I'm playing Limbo right now. I resisted HUGE temptation yesterday and didn't buy a game I really wanted when it went on sale. I'll get it one day when I've played a few more of the games I already own. BUT I WANT IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)