Saturday 21 September 2013

Salty and Spicy

This is called the Salty and Pepper dress from Modcloth. The brand is Hell Bunny, who don't appear to have their own website, but if you google it I'm sure you can find stockists that service your area. I've been a fan of Hell Bunny for ages and have a few of their items so I had high expectations for this dress, and it met them. It fits very nicely, perhaps just a tiny bit loose in the bust but not so much that it would be visible to others. The skirt comes down past my knees, it skims nicely over my hips and swings and flows and the hem. I also love the cute little heart-shaped pockets, adorable and functional! I love these big voluminous skirts, they just feel great to wear.





































In other news I went out for dinner last night with some friends. I had a steak and guinness pie which was pretty good. Afterward I went home with my best friend and stayed the night at her place. We tried to set up her karaoke set which wasn't working, then tried playing Lips on the Xbox but there was so much lag it proved unplayable even after reconfiguring the microphones. So we decided to watch a movie, I chose Spice World because I haven't seen it in a million years and , like most girls my age I think, I was crazy for the Spice Girls back in the day. It was everything I hoped it would be, still so much fun. It was a bit strange to see Posh Spice actually displaying some sort of personality. I'm so used to seeing her as skinny, big boobed Victoria Beckham that I had kind of forgotten she might have a personality. But for me it was always all about Baby Spice (I bet you're super shocked), and I owned as many babydoll dresses and platform sneakers as my mother would let me have. That wardrobe phase didn't last terribly long, but it was fun while it did.

So how about you? Did you like the Spice Girls? Who was your favourite?

4 comments:

  1. this dress looks gorgeous on you. We love the halter neck and the way you have paired it with a red cardi. gorgeous!! And yes, we always loved the Spice Girls gorwing up, particularly baby and sporty spice!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love teaming black and white with red :)

      Delete
  2. This dress looks so pretty on you! I think it's perfect for twirling around :). Thanks for all the advice on my blog, I'm definitely going to get a nursing bra while I'm still comfortable!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Its one thing I didn't think of when my first daughter was born and I had to take a tiny little 3 day old bubba to Target with me to buy bras lol!

      Delete

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)