Sunday 29 September 2013

Feeling Good

So as some of you may have noticed, I'm overweight. I was aware of this but I didn't realise just how overweight I was until I stepped on a scale recently for the first time in almost a year and saw I'd ballooned and was suddenly heavier that I've ever been in my life (including when heavily pregnant). Needless to say this came as a bit of a shock to me and I decided I needed to do something about it.

A week ago I joined Weight Watchers. I signed up with them back in... 2010 I think and lost a bit of weight before getting bored with it and abandoning the plan. But now I think (I HOPE!) I'm ready for some long-term commitment. I've been feeling lethargic all the time, my knees and ankles get sore, and I'm grossly unfit. Its actually really embarrassing for me to talk about, but I figure if I can be honest I have the best chance of remembering why I'm trying to do this in those hard moments.

I've just done my first weekly weigh in and I've lost 2.4kg (which is about 5.3lbs for those of you who are into that sort of thing). I feel super good about that. I know its a lot to lose in one week, but people tend to lose more in those first few weeks on a diet and bigger people even more so because they have so much more extra to shed. I'm really glad to see a good result though, I was sticking to my points but I was really worried that for some reason it wasn't going to work, so its obviously great motivation to see that it is working well. Even just this week there have been hard times for me, I'm a hugely fussy eater, so even with no restrictions or considerations for losing weight its hard for me to choose a meal a lot of the time. Hopefully as I progress with the program and know more recipes and ideas choosing what to eat won't be such a difficult decision.

So I'll be doing this for quite awhile before I get to my goal weight (I'm trying to get back to where I was before I started working in sedentary office jobs and before I had my youngest daughter). I'm certainly not going to turn this into a weight loss blog, but I probably will share my progress if that's okay, because its nice to share :)

Hope you're all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)