Thursday 6 March 2014

Time Flies

Where has the week gone??? Seriously, I can't believe its Thursday already. I've been keeping busy organising the house and a few other activities that seem to have made the week just disappear on me!

Yesterday I went on a tour of the CDU library as well as the NT Archives. They were arranged as part of a particular unit of the Cert III course I was doing last year, but I asked if I could tag along for interest's sake and my lecturer was happy for me to join in. I've visited the CDU library many times, but it was still interesting to have a guide to explain more about the library's inner workings. I also found out they take on casual workers as shelvers quite often, so that might be a foot in the door of the library industry for me! It was my first time visiting the Archives, in fact I didn't even know they existed until I began the course last year! It was super informative and a really great opportunity for me to find out more about another potential career path once my studies are finished. To be perfectly honest, I don't think a job like that is for me, they do amazing work and certain aspects of it are absolutely fascinating. But I don't think I possess the required patience to pore over paperwork for hours on end, especially when its a completely uninteresting topic like financial documents or something!

I really wanted to wear my Ikebana skirt from Modcloth (aka my favourite skirt ever), but I wanted to wear it with a different top than usual just to mix things up a bit. I had the hardest time trying to decide what to wear it with. I didn't really have any other tops that matched but thought I'd try layering it over a dress for something different.

Some combinations I was considering

I ended up going with the outfit on the top right, which is actually one way I imagined I'd wear the skirt when I first got it. I wasn't 100% happy with it for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on why. I think maybe the colour or style of the dress just doesn't feel delicate enough to go with the skirt. I wanted to wear my super long string of pearls, but it just wasn't working for me, so I changed to my trusty gold chain combo and felt a little more put together.



I don't know, I'm still kind of 'meh' on the outfit. I may give it another chance sometime and see how I feel about it then. It wasn't terrible, just not quite what I hoped it would be.

Hope everyone is well!


6 comments:

  1. You're not the only one.. this week has flown by!

    You look beautiful and I love the outfit you ended up with. I like the bold purple with the softer yellows and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its actually funny, since I posted this I've read like 3 other bloggers saying the same thing. I think there's something funky going on with our time streams, time to call The Doctor! :p

      Thanks so much for the compliment! I think maybe I just need to get used to the look of that skirt with a darker top to feel comfortable in it.

      Hope you're feeling better! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you! And thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! The look you picked and the one pictured below it in the combos photo are my faves! You're hair looks really pretty in these photos, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My hair can be so uncooperative when I try and curl it, but I tend to beat it into submission eventually lol. Curls are worth it :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)