Monday 21 October 2013

Checking In!

I'm sorry I've been absent. I have a lot of assignments going on and I'm feeling kind of down the past few days so I either haven't had time to blog or haven't been in the mood. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by my workload and our schedule this term is a lot tighter than last. I'm feeling like I'm going to drop the ball and I really don't want that to happen!

I'm starting my work placement this week. The librarian I'll be working under has a lot on her plate and so to start with I'll just be doing Fridays to see how that works for her. I'm hoping I can be useful and do well. I'll be working in a primary school library, learning the ropes there and hopefully being able to put to practical use the theoretical learning I've done. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm also really nervous!

I bought a couple of necklaces a few weeks ago but hadn't worn them yet. They're so pretty and I think they go so well together that it was like they were made to wear that way. One is a plain gold chain with a heart pendant decorated with little peachy coloured "gems", the other is a double chain, one being just pearls and the other pearls and peach roses. I love them and I think they look really nice with my green spotty dress.



Where I live we don't get the joy of four seasons as most people have, we get three: wet, dry and "the build up". The build up is widely regarded as the worst, its the months preceding the wet season when everyday is disgustingly hot and oppressively humid. You walk outside into a wall of thick, wet heat and its awful. I truly hate it. I've been living through it for the past couple of months but I think it may finally be breaking. We've had a couple of good downpours, although we haven't reached the stage where they're a daily occurrence so we're not quite in the wet season proper. I still hate the heat of the wet season, but I do love the rain. Its so beautiful and calming. Sometimes it roars down on the roof so loudly you can't have a conversation. Those rains are my favourite and I look forward to them every year.

The view from my classroom window during a good rain the other day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)