Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Dark Side of the Closet

I'm an avid online shopper. A vast majority of my wardrobe was purchased online, and I can't see myself ever relying on actual in-person shopping for most of my purchases. Online shopping has some great advantages like access to a huge range, competitive pricing, and you can shop in your pyjamas and no one will judge you! But it also has some disadvantages, the worst of which is SIZING! Some places offer returns, but if you're buying pieces from some random Ebay user, you can't really return an item because it doesn't fit you. And if you're ordering from an international site, often returning items is too costly to even bother. And given that I'm super lazy about trying to re-sell items, I have a section of my closet which is like a graveyard to purchases that didn't work out.

So I thought I would, over time, share with you some of the pieces in my closet that never get worn, just in the interest of letting them see the light of day once in awhile. So without further ado:




Cue thunder, lightning, a lone crow cawing and the cackle of a crazy old hag. Now that I've set the mood, on we go!

For today's Dark Side entry, I submit two items. They're both the same dress so I thought they should be included together. I bought them both at the same time, which turned out to be a big mistake, because the style just doesn't sit right on me. The top half fits super weirdly, I'm not sure if its a weight issue or a boob size issue, or that it was just designed poorly, but the front is very tight while the back gapes. I can't tell you a great deal about the dresses unfortunately. I bought them both from an ebay seller rather than from a store or  particular brand site. Neither dress has any information about the designer or brand on the tags, just a size and care instructions. There are quite a few brands I've seen that have dresses in this style, but I've been too wary to try another brand in case I have the same issue. I was really quite gutted when these dresses didn't fit. They're really quite pretty and I had great plans for them. But considering how many items I buy online, I have to expect that sometimes I'll have bad luck with the fit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments and am more than happy to answer any questions you might have, so don't be shy! :)